Australia

My anti ccp level is 5>5 and my esr is 25 ana crp and rf were all negitive what does this exactly mean my esr and my ccp have never been + before?

Dr. Howard Feinberg
Rheumatology 38 years experience
Nothing: The anti ccp antibody is used to help diagnose rheumatoid arthritis. It is just one of several things your doctor should look at. By itself it has no meaning. Esr is a measure of inflammation in your body. It is not specific for any one problem. If you have joint swelling, especially in the small joints of the hands and feet you should see a doctor familiar with RA otherwise don't worry.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014