Egypt

I am myopic with a -13 eye vision.i wanted to have a vision correcting operation, wt r my options?(some said i can't do lasik because my vision is -13)

Dr. Theodore Wu
Ophthalmology 24 years experience
Myopic -13: Lasik still might be an option...Maybe prk...Maybe an icl...Maybe refractive lens replacement--- discuss all these options and what is best for you with your local ophthalmologist....
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 54 years experience
Partial correction: Lasik removes tissue from the cornea and most over about -10 myopia have too little for a full correction. (do you know your pachymetry -corneal thickness?). An often used solution is to make such persons -3 or -4 myopes - not full correction -but placing you in a very comfortable range which the higher myope as you are becomes a real happy compromise.
Dr. Alan Jackson
Addiction Medicine 32 years experience
There are : Certain measurements that you need to know before one can say you are not a candidate for lasik. First and most important is the corneal thickness. With your amount of myopia it is likely that the corneal thickness is not sufficient for you to have lasik. The other measurement is the corneal topography. If not steep enough the -13 correction will make the cornea too flat making vision diminish.
Dr. Richard Carlin
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
ICL: Best option for -13 would be an icl, but you need a thorough evaluation to see if you would be a good candidate for this.
Last updated Dec 24, 2014