If i have a cyst on my ankle/back of foot, is surgery a must for removal? it is very hard and my foot falls asleep often for no reason. thank you.

Dr. Thomas Inwood
Podiatry 35 years experience
Cyst: If you have had it evaluated , then your treating physician should discuss that with you. If you have not and are self diagnosing , you should see a physician so it can be discussed . Start with your podiatrist
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
There are : Different types of cysts. Having said that as long as the lesion is benign then you don't have to do surgery. Your foot falling asleep is a concern and I am not sure the two are related. I would follow up with doc to find out why the foot falls asleep often thats not a good thing.
Dr. Corinne Kauderer
Wound care 36 years experience
Cysts can put pressure on nerves; this can be one cause of your foot falling asleep. I agree with Dr Kass, see a specialist.
Jan 12, 2014

Last updated Jan 2, 2015