Espanola, NM

How long should i wait to have a tummy tuck afterc section and what do u tjthink about tummy tucks (witch hazel)?

Dr. Steven Charlap
Holistic Medicine 38 years experience
Wait until older: Before resorting to surgery, see if exercises will achieve a similar result, particularly at your age. As you get older, exercise may not be as effective and if it really bothers you, in the hands of a good surgeon, it's fine.
Dr. Gregory Buford
Plastic Surgery 28 years experience
With all due respect, I completely disagree. The tummy tuck procedure achieves what can never be done with diet and exercise alone and that involves tightening of the midline rectus muscles. No amount of exercise will ever address a diastasis. You should wait until you're done having kids but there is really no appropriate age for this procedure. It really depends on your situation.
Mar 20, 2014
Dr. Steven Charlap
Holistic Medicine 38 years experience
Provided original answer
It's not surprising that a surgeon who performs the procedure would disagree with a wait and see approach.
Mar 22, 2014
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 46 years experience
At least one: Year. It is a good operation for certain conditions, but not for others. It is best to get opinion from plastic surgeon. It will not treat obesity.
Dr. Gregory Buford
Plastic Surgery 28 years experience
It depends: I perform a significant number of tummy tucks (witch hazel) each year for my young mothers and feel that this is a great procedure when done by a qualified plastic surgeon with experience in this area. I generally recommend waiting a few months following a c-section so that soft tissue swelling has gone done and your hormones have returned to a more natural state.
Dr. Tom Pousti
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
At least 6 months...: Great operation for the right patient; the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is medically/psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable,  has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her,  does not smoke, is capable of arranging enough recovery time and who has reached a long-term stable weight. Best wishes.  
Dr. Joseph Mele
Plastic Surgery 33 years experience
Most my patients wait a year. This gives their body time to recover. Appropriate diet and exercise will often improve the appearance of the abdomen and may provide a good result without surgery. When considering abdominoplasty, it is best to done having children and be close to your ideal weight. This provides a better and longer lasting result.

Last updated Apr 16, 2021