tb scar on lungs was treated frm tb last year. is is possible to get lung cancer or any other disease bcz of d tb scars? wat r d health risks?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Creighton Wright
55 years experience General Surgery
Yes: Used to be relatively common, but since TB is much less common now, the number is low in the us. Regular followup is appropriate with ct scans.
Answered on Jun 10, 2014
Dr. Sewa Legha
49 years experience Medical Oncology
? Scar cancer is rar: I think you should do fine. There is a small theoretical risk of what is sometimes called a scar cancer but it is extremely rare. So i would not worry about it. There are no other risks for now.
Answered on May 8, 2016
1