I'm considering breast augmentation but want them to look and feel natural-- can you explain what can be done to ensure this?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Patrick Hsu answered

Specializes in

Multiple factors: Bring in pictures to let your doctor know what your definition of natural looking is. Lots of patients may tell me they want a natural look but in fact really want a full augmented look. In general , using smaller silicone implants that are placed under the muscle will produce the most natural feeling and looking results. This is a very general recommendation and differs from patient to patient.

Answered 10/7/2017

4.6k views

Dr. Robert Alexander answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Be selective: Use of the latest implants often can feel and look very natural. Do not attempt to enlarge beyond the skin envelope available, and select placement under the muscle if you have very thin skin. Alternative is to use your own fat tissues to graft behind the glandular part of breasts. Matches texture and density, will not encapsulate and is your own tissues.

Answered 1/5/2014

4.6k views