A 47-year-old member asked:

I want to adopt. how do i get medical records of the child?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Florence Nwofor
Specializes in Pediatrics
Open/confidential: Use of an adoption agency or voluntary adoption registeries helps with issue of confidentiality. Try this website, adoption.Org for needed information. Your healthcare provider can also, help but more with anticipatory guidance on health and emotional issues inherent with adoption . Records from international adoptional may not always be reliable so be prudent with information provided.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 14, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.