is it worth it to do lip augmentation with fat-grafting?

Dr. Marcus Peterson
Plastic Surgery 35 years experience
Fat grafting works: Lip augmentation with fat is the best way to get a permanent augmentation. The main issue with using fat is that it is unpredictable as to how much fat you can maintain in the lip after each injection. You may need to do the procedure multiple times to get the final result you desire. You can compare the cost of maintaining your lip augmentation with commercial fillers versus fat grafting.
Dr. Henry Mentz
Cosmetic Surgery 37 years experience
Fat Grafting: Fat grafts can last for months and sometimes years, though this varies depending on the individual. It's a safe and effective procedure. Another option is to have filler injected into your lips. This will be a temporary, short-term fix.
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
No, unless . . .: Fat grafting is not my first choice for lip augmentation because the fat graft does not survive as well in the lips as it does in other areas of the body. Why? Because it's very difficult to keep your lips still long enough for the fat grafts to "take." I actually prefer synthetic fillers like Restylane in the lip, unless the patient wants to use their own tissues.