my ankles are thick and ugly. why is that?

Dr. Steven Frydman
Podiatry 47 years experience
Heredity: All people are different.
Dr. Alan Ettinger
Podiatry 49 years experience
We: Inherit body type. If you are concerned about your ankles consult with a plastic surgeon.

Wat is it when u crack ur ankles constantly?

Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
Cracking - need inf: Cracking can suggest movement of tissues. This can be bone slipping, tendons sliding or some other movement. Which side of the ankle? Is it both ankles or one ankle? Is there swelling also? Is the ankle collapsing? Is there pain when this happens? Can you feel anything when thsi happens? Can it be either active or passive motion? We will need more information.

What causes burning in inner ankles?

Dr. Ario Kiarash
Orthopedic Surgery 27 years experience
Nerve: Burning is typically a "nerve" symptom. It means that a nerve is pinched or otherwise compromised. In certain conditions it may also represent inflammation in the posterior tibialis tendon, arthritis in the ankle or talo-navicular joints. Your orhopaedic surgeon can help you find the diagnosis and guide you with appropriate treatment.

I suffer from clicking ankles is there any physio exercises that I can do to help with it. ?

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Yes, there is: You should see a physical therapist. They can give you calf and ankle exercises to strengthen the muscles.

What is the correct way to strap ankles to play sport?

Dr. Foster Carr
General Practice 33 years experience
Depends on sport: Reinforcement or protection of your ankle would depend on the most likely injury from a specific sport. Wrestling can be supported with simple ace bandage type of ankle wrap. Football could vary depending on the position, track and field also would vary or have no support
AZ

My ankles are annoyingly swollen. Doctor says its nothing to worry about but every uncomfortable. I keep them elevated what should I do?

Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
Find the reason: It'd be nice to know the reason for the swelling. Varicose veins is one of the most common reasons for lower extremity swelling. Elevation is reasonable, compression stockings should be used as well. Salt reduction, avoiding prolonged standing/walking or even sitting with feet down. Avoid high heel shoes as they put unnecessary stress on your feet and ankles leading to arthritis and swelling.

Last updated Feb 6, 2016