i miss my open toed sandals. will intense pulsed light (ipl) technology kill toenail fungus? i have three very thick yellow toenails on my left foot. they are very ugly and embarrassing. i've tried painting an over-the-counter remedy on my toenails, but i

4 doctor answers
Dr. Velimir Petkov
18 years experience Podiatry
As : As an expert who works in one of the only three (3) certified podiatry centers in the state of washington who provide pinpointe laser therapy for the treatment of toenail fungus, it is safe to say that it does work. The success rate is about 80%. What you will need is probably 2-3 treatments spaced out in 1 year.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
Dr. Alex Garcia
20 years experience Podiatry
Nd:YAG laser : Intense pulsed light is not consider a laser. I'm not familiar with the effects of ipl on toenails. Nd:yag laser is the one that i’m familiar with and the one that I use in my office. Based on clinical experience the laser works really well in the treatment of toenail fungus.
Answered on May 17, 2014
3
Dr. Jordan Steinberg
13 years experience Podiatry
Laser therapy: I have been using laser fungal now therapy in my office for approximately 2 years. I find that the results are it proximally 70% for fungal clearance for my patients. Toenail fungus can recur in the future if the patient's hygiene is not changed.
Answered on Dec 2, 2014
1
Dr. Corinne Kauderer
35 years experience Wound care
Cold laser: Cold lasers using the correct frequency can clear toe nail fungus. Ilp may not have the correct frequency for nail fungus. Ilp is usually used for hair follicle growth.
Answered on Dec 10, 2013