Canada

I have calcification on my thyroid and some in my neck mass. when i did my fna, the doctor only sampled the thyroid. why not the mass? same finding?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology 29 years experience
It depends,,,: It depends on other tests and what they showed if the doctor did them. For example, an iodine uptake test may be done for a thyroid with nodules and depending on the results there may not have been a need for an aspiration of the nodule. It also depends on what was being looked for, cancer or another disease so more info. Like the aspiration results is likely needed. Best of luck.

Last updated Jul 11, 2017