Owensboro, KY

i had a ct and it showed i had numerous puncate stones in my renal pelvis and that my common bile duct was dilated by 12mm what do these represent?

Dr. Aaron Shiloh
Aesthetic Medicine 28 years experience
Depends: Punctuate stones in pelvis are phleboliths and basically meaningless. Your cbd is a diff issue. The cbd can get distended with age but at your age that's to big. Also, if your gallbladder has been removed it's not uncommon to see the cbd get dilated. If not, you should have this finding further evaluated. A GI doctor can certainly help with that.

Last updated Jun 10, 2014