Worcester, MA

i have a numb/tingling spot on the tip of my pointer finger (right) and my hands are colder than normal. it has been this way for over 2 days. history of degenerative disc disease. no neck or arm pain?

Dr. Warren Wolfe
Many reasons: Please see your physician. He/she can examine you to elicit more information about this complaint and perhaps order an mri.
Dr. Tariq Niazi
Orthopedic Surgery 43 years experience
Commonest cause of--: Numbness in pointer finger is: carpal tunnel, nerve pinched in neck, or any where along its course till the finger. The first 2 are more commoner than the 3rd possibility. Other causes might be lack of vit b, hypothyroidism, etc. See your pcp to rule out rare causes with lab tests ; then by an orthopod to confirm the dx. For only 2 days hx, i'll wait to see if it improves over next 2-3 weeks.

Last updated Nov 4, 2017