U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 47-year-old member asked:

What can be done to relieve a swollen face on my left side of face from a toothache gum disease?

3 doctor answers17 doctors weighed in
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Treatment: Please see your dentist immediately to be evaluated. You appear to have an abscess and in needs to be treated at once. Make that call and feel better soon...
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Swollen face: A swollen face as a result of any dental infection can be resolved with proper appropriate dental treatment and antibiotic coverage along with your own body's healing power. The cause and the extent of the problem will determine how best to treat it.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
See a dentist ASAP: Unlike some other types of infection, a dental or gum abscess will not get better on its own and must be treated by a dentist. Do not delay.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 30, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.