i woke today found my left side of my face is swollen from my lips till under my eye i don't have fever and my face is painful i feel my gum is swolle?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Richard Bensinger
51 years experience Ophthalmology
Abcess: Most likely this is an infection originating in one of your upper molars. These can be serious and may result in loss of several teeth and could spread elsewhere. You should see an emergency room as soon as possible or your family doctor. Antibiotic therapy is likely and you may also need to see a dentist. Don't delay.
Answered on Nov 26, 2013
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
39 years experience Dentistry
Non-vital tooth: It is very possible that one of the maxillary teeth has gone non-vital... The nerve has died. Or, an old root canal is failing. Cannot tell over the internet. You need to be seen locally by a dentist. Make the call.
Answered on Nov 26, 2013