Canada

How do i know if risperidone is makeing me fat or decreasing my muscle mass? like i am gaining fat but i'm sixteen and i don't exorsize except for p.e

Dr. Donald Jacobson
41 years experience
Risperdal ; weight: Unfortunately Risperdal is well known for causing weight gain. I would recommend that you elicit the help of your doctor and a dietician before it gets out of control. Do not stop the risperidone. Stay on it but talk to your doctor about whether there are other options as well. It sounds like you are already exercising but you may have to work on some dietary issues because Risperidone does have a tendency to cause appetite stimulation. Best wishes.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 1, 2014