Longmeadow, MA

possible causes for distal femur stress fracture? no trauma, not a high performance athlete. only 35. should i do repeat bone scan? normal 5 yr. ago

Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 45 years experience
Unusual place for: And history not consistent with stress fracture. Consult orthorpedic surgeon just to make sure.
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine 52 years experience
Depends: Should see orthopedic physician for examination.. History of bilateral hip dysplasia if not corrected can cause degenerative changes about hip and can get referred pain. Physician can elect to have further imaging possibly bone scan. Soft tissue abnormalities can also cause symptoms.
Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery 33 years experience
Were u diagnosed w/ a distal femur stress fx? They are rare in your age group. Proximal( femoral neck) stress fx.'s are much more common in 35 yr. old runners. If you are having pain above your knee other diagnoses should be considered. See an orthopedic surgeon for exam and work-up if needed.
Oct 31, 2013