type 2 diabetes my a1c in april was 5.9 but my a1c in august was 7.2 and now my numbers in are high when i check it was 149 my numbers were good?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Harold Peltan
28 years experience Ophthalmology
Diet,exercise,meds: Did you change your diet? Eat more? Eat sugars and starches? Gain weight? You may need your medicines adjusted. Set a goal for weight loss. Make a diet and exercise plan with your doc and stick to it. You can regain control and save your own life. Remember to get your eyes checked for diabetic retinopathy.
Answered on Oct 29, 2018
4
Dr. Abdul Khan
24 years experience Ophthalmology
Review with doctor. : It seems as if your blood sugar levels have become less controlled recently. It may be due to a number of factors; such as poor diet, lack of exercise, decreased effectiveness of current medication, infection, etc. We certainly know that complications from diabetes are increased with poorer blood sugar control. I would recommend you discuss with your doctor if change in management is indicated.
Answered on Oct 29, 2018