U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Pain on left side when coughing or sneezing

A female asked:
Dr. Roy Arnold
Internal Medicine 48 years experience
Musculoskeletal pain: Usually associated with pulled muscle or more rarely a rib fracture can hurt with cough, sneeze or deep breathing. Local heat for no more than 20 minu... Read More
Dr. Jerry Judd Pryde
Travel Medicine 27 years experience
Rib fracture or....: any trauma? if not could be a pulled intercostal muscle from a sneeze or cough..REALLY painful but it will go away.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A female asked:
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Family Medicine 26 years experience
Could be worriesome: Are you having any nausea or vomiting? Any areas of the abdomen bulging out again? It could be that you just "tweaked" scar tissue from the sneezing... Read More
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Warren Wolfe
Family Medicine 59 years experience
Muscular spasm: It sounds like cervical (neck) spasm or subluxation (minor disruption of a vertebrae). I would advise you to see your physician an M.D. Or a D.O. The... Read More
A 53-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Ho
Dr. John Hoanswered
Interventional Radiology 27 years experience
PE : This may be symptomatic of a Pulmonary Embolus. If you don't have an IVC filter you should go to get a CTA of chest to look for PE and if you have one... Read More
A 52-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 45 years experience
Blood?: Is your urine smoky, dark, or bloody? You could have another kidney stone.
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 31 years experience
Go see ur FamilyDoc: Sensitivity to touch makes me think of zoster/shingles (http://goo.gl/TaqS6s). Without that, I think of pleurisy which could due to pneumonia. Perhaps... Read More
A 51-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Michel
Family Medicine 47 years experience
Pleurisy?: If this pain is in his chest this may well be pleurisy. This is a pain that is caused by viral or infectious inflammation and worsens with movement ,... Read More
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Geoffrey Tyson
Pain Management 40 years experience
See your provider: With the pain associated with movement of the abdominal wall it is probably musculoskeletal pain but you should be seen to rule out other more serious... Read More
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Family Medicine 38 years experience
Lots of things: It could be anything from gas to constipation. The best way to find out for sure is to see your doctor.
A 51-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
Variety of thots.: It is not possible to be precise. This could be due to trauma or exercise, causing strain or sprain to intercostal muscles. Cannot exclude bowel, sp... Read More