U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Is it normal that my testicle is still swollen 4 months after my hydrocele surgery

A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. Chris Kyle
Urology 19 years experience
No: It's hard to comment on a surgery i wasn't present for in general, the swelling goes down after about 6 weeks at 4 months, talk with your surgeon abou... Read More
Dr. George Klauber
Specializes in Pediatric Urology
Happens, not normal: Mild residual swelling is fairly common. Sometimes a scrotum can remained swollen even after excellent surgery and sometimes there are loculations cau... Read More
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 35 years experience
Sometimes it takes time for the area of surgery to become normal . It should happen in 8-12 weeks. If not see the surgeon again.
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Holly Maes
Pediatrics 37 years experience
Could wait, but: The risk of waiting is that a hernia could develop and in kids this can easily get trapped(incarcerated) and then become an emergency situation. Also,... Read More
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctoranswered
Urology 52 years experience
Yes, ....: Yes, please proceed with surgical correction since professional experience has proved such inborn communicating hydrocele will almost be certain to l... Read More
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
It is not unusual for scrotal swelling to take 3 or 4 weeks to resolve. Fluid may recur after aspiration of a hydrocele, but surgery usually is a perm... Read More
A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. Romanth Waghmarae
Pain Management 40 years experience
At 4mo - this really should not be the case. I would suggest that you return to see the surgeon again.
A male asked:
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Testicle pain: Please return to your surgeon and let him/her know. All may be well but if not, the doc will take care of things. Peace and good health.
A 22-year-old male asked:
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
Surgery 40 years experience
Go back: And see your urologist or surgeon for an exam to see what is going on.
A 20-year-old male asked:
Dr. Rabii Madi
Urology 24 years experience
Possible recurrence : You have to repeat the US. Could be that the hydrocele recurred.
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ashu Syal
Pediatrics - Nephrology & Dialysis 31 years experience
Consult: You should consult with your surgeon again. He might want to do some work up to diagnose the problem.
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Richard Sarle
Urology 23 years experience
Hydrocele: I tell my pts that when the swelling becomes bothersome it may be time for surgery....Very small hydro else can be watched but usually grow....
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership