U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old member asked:

I have hydrocele my right testicle became larger than normal. when do doctors have to do surgery?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Richard Sarle
Urology 23 years experience
Hydrocele: I tell my pts that when the swelling becomes bothersome it may be time for surgery....Very small hydro else can be watched but usually grow....
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 6, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.