Is my irregular bleeding just because I have lately been forgetful about taking my pill?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
In brief: Probably
If you are forgetting to take your birth control pill daily two things may happen.
First - you may cause irregular bleeding. Second- you may get pregnant. It is important to be honest with yourself about medication use. Consider an iud or Implanon as birth control because you will not have to be remember something daily.

In brief: Probably
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Marianne DiNapoli
Be sure to address these concerns you have with your doctor. IUDs and Implanon are extremely safe, effective methods of birth control.
Marianne DiNapoli
In brief: Could be
It's possible that skipping some birth control pills could cause breakthrough bleeding.
If you have trouble remembering to take your pill every day, you might consider discussing with your doctor a form of birth control that would work better for you.

In brief: Could be
Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Good reason !
Very common to happen.

In brief: Good reason !
Very common to happen.
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana