Does abdominal ultrasound see things like: gastritis, stomach ulcers, or gerd?

Yes and No. It can see a thickening of the stomach wall that suggests gastritis, it can see some large ulcers, and it can see signs in the esophagus that suggest long standing gastroesphageal reflux disease. However, ultrasound would not be the primary method to diagnose these conditions.
No. Ultrasound is not effective for seeing pathology on the stomach. An egd or stomach scope , or an cray test called UGI is preferable.