A member asked:

Yeast/bacterial infection cleared up but now caused phimosis- is there anything i can do to improve this other than being circumsized? steroid cream?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Hunter Handsfield answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

Phimosis: It is unlikely the infection was the cause of your phimosis. More likely you already had a certain amount of phimosis made worse by inflammation and scarring. There may be effective treatments other than complete circumcision, but not a good idea to treat yourself with steroid. Anyway, OTC steroid creams are weak and probably wouldn't help. See a urologist and follow his or her advice.

Answered 8/25/2016



Related Questions

A member asked:

Does mycolog II cream cure yeast infections or bacterial vaginosis?

8 doctors weighed in across 3 answers