Australia
A 33-year-old female asked about a male:

Is it true 11mth uncircumsied boys are very unlikely to get uti's, yeast and bacteria infections? can you get it with only a cream coloured discharge?

Dr. Michael H. T. Sia
See below: Circumcised infants are less likely to develop urinary tract infections (utis), especially in the first year of life. Utis are about 10 times more common in uncircumcised males than circumcised infants. However, even with this increased risk of uti, only 1% or less of uncircumcised males will be affected. The cream colored discharge is smegma-normal skin cells/secretions from glans.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
I have a 4 yo uncircumcised male in the hospital now with a UTI. I can only remember one male with a UTI that was circumcised in 3 decades of pediatric practice, and he had a collection of kidney and bladder problems that made him at high risk.
Jan 5, 2014
Last updated Jan 6, 2014