U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old male asked:

Hi i'm suffering genital herpes am on valaciclovir tablets i'm on my second script now and more blisters are apearing what do i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 57 years experience
Herpes genitalis: There is not much more you can do except treat yourself symptomatically. Particularly if this is the first outbreak of herpes these can be severe and prolonged. If it persists beyond 2 weeks see a gynecologist. This can be a very incapacitating problem until it resolves, but it will.
Last updated Feb 11, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.