U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Westerville, OH
A 23-year-old female asked:

I have chlamydia and suspect i may have pid, will the zithromax prescribed cure pid if i have it, or do i need to go back to the doctor to be checked?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Forsythe
Emergency Medicine 28 years experience
Go back: It's a good start but adding an injection of antibiotics and additional coverage would be wise and get you feeling better more quickly if it is pid. A pelvic exam and culture should be performed.
Dr. Kamel Sadek
Family Medicine 26 years experience
Get Treated: It is urgent that you get treated asap. Zithromax 1000 mg or 1 gm is one of the recommended treatments. The sooner you get treated, the less chance of causing permanent scarring of your follapian tubes which in turn can cause infertility. Also, your partner should also be checked and preferably treated.
Last updated Oct 2, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.