Canada

my left big toe feels numb on the inside next to the second toe. i have sciatica on that side as well. related?

Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 16 years experience
Very likely: Nerve impingement (anywhere from the spine all the way down the leg) can cause those symptoms. See a physiatrist to confirm the diagnosis and to come up with a treatment plan.
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 31 years experience
Yes: This is the classic sensory distribution of the L5 netve root compression of which csn give you buitocks psin to leg and numbness to toes.
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Podiatry 38 years experience
Yes: If you have sciatica it can without question effect the big toe.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 17 years experience
Yes It is Related: If the numbness is new, it could mean your sciatica is getting worse. If the numbness doesn't resolve in a few days, I would suggest seeing a spine/pain specialist to discuss your options. If MRI not done, it may be something to consider if numbness persists or increases.