U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 43-year-old male asked:

Pain on rt side, lower back/butt, down the back of my leg, tingling/numbness in toes. nerve/sciatica or something else? pain relief suggestions?

4 doctor answers10 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 35 years experience
Sciatica: Meds, exercise, physical therapy including mckenzie centralization techniques, traction, inversion table. Many things are used.
Dr. Jennifer Chu
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 51 years experience
Nerve irritation: You may have neck nerve root irritation. Please make sure that you are not over exercising or lifting heavy things. You will need to be evaluated by your family doctor and a specialist and physical medicine and rehabilitation.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 46 years experience
Sciatic nerve?: Appears to be a sciatic nerve involvement, but i would go to an orthopedic dr. And get evaluated asap.
Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 18 years experience
Given Your Pain: I would suggest seeing a pain/spine specialist to evaluate you further to evaluate what level and what can be done to treat you. There are interventional treatments besides medications and surgeries that might reduce or eliminate the pain altogether.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jul 22, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.