TN

Can a pinched nerve cause dizziness?

Dr. David Kam
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 37 years experience
Yes: Any discomfort in the body can make a person worries and feels light headed. Start with your primary care doctor!

Can my dizziness be caused by pinched nerve?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management 18 years experience
Possible: However the nerve that is injured that would cause dizziness is either in the head or in the brain stem. So unless these areas were injured unlikely that dizziness is associated with pinched nerve. Some people who have a lot of pain, can have a vasovagal response in which the body is trying to cope with the pain and can cause you to feel sick to your stomach, dizziness or feeling of passing out.

Do you experience dizziness with a pinched nerve?

Dr. Chaim Colen
Neurosurgery 20 years experience
Usually not: Are you referring to a cranial or spinal nerve being pinched?

Is dizzyness a side effect of a pinched nerve?

Dr. Gary Wang
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 41 years experience
dizziness and pain. : Usually not. However, a sudden sharp pain by nerve acute irritated might induce dizziness due to pain induced blood pressure disturbance. Most case pain medications, especially narcotics and nerve membrane stabilizers, such as Neurontin (gabapentin) might induced dizziness like feeling.