My doctor is too busy and 'forgets' to put requisition through? can i just schedule my own test in radiology?

Dr. Douglas Bey
No: You might want 2 enlist the help of his nurse.
Dr. Steven Greenberg
Radiology 33 years experience
No: You need requisition to permit facility to perform radiology study.
Dr. Joseph Maklansky
Radiology 25 years experience
Depends: It depends on the state and exam. In ny a prescription is needed for a exam.
Dr. Frank Welte
Radiology 18 years experience
No, but...: A patient can call a radiology department and tell them that their physician would like them to have a test, but that he has not put in an order/requisition. The radiology department will often track down the orders for you.
Dr. David Dinhofer
Radiology 42 years experience
Ask for the referral: Your doctor should give you a referral form or prescription upon request. Then you can take the referral paper to any imaging center that performs that study.

Last updated Nov 29, 2020