U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old member asked:

I have fear of public or open places, how do i treat?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. John Munshower
Family Medicine 31 years experience
Therapy/meds: Agoraphobia can be treated by a psychiatrist with possible use of meds and therapy. Good luck.

Similar questions

A 37-year-old male asked:

What is the definition or description of: Fear of public or open places?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Marcie Berman
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
It seems that you are asking about agoraphobia. a diagnosis which arises out of anxiety and panic. During the pandemic, many people not diagnosed previously are feeling this way now. There are many factors which contribute to this, largely coming from a state of increased vulnerability. Fear of catching covid, isolation, and unexpected panic attacks have not been unusual during this period.

Related questions

A 40-year-old member asked:
Agoraphobia: fear of crowds or fear of open spaces?
3 doctor answers11 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
My jaw pops when i open it and sometimes it locks. Is this treatable?
4 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 44-year-old member asked:
I got fear of abandonment, how do I treat it?
3 doctor answers11 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 15, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.