does the flu shot cause bumps and bruises at injection site?

Dr. Yash Khanna
It can: Yes it can as it is a local reaction and will get better by itself.

Can the flu shot give my baby the flu?

Dr. Michael Pappas
No: The flu shot is dead. It cannot give your baby the flu. While as in any vaccinations, there are some minor side effects, e.g. Fever, the benefit of the shot far outweighs contracting the flu itself from an infected person. If your little one is over 6 months, then he/she should get it.

When is a good time to give my preemie a flu shot?

Dr. Marcus Degraw
6 months: Flu shots are important for everyone, but especially so for infants and ex-preemies. Babies cannot receive flu shots until 6 months of age. After that, flu shots are strongly recommended for all infants. Remeber that children who are receiving flu shots for the first time, need two flu shots one month apart.

Is it safe to get a flu shot while pregnant?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Safe and recommended: The CDC recommends that all pregnant women receive the annual flu vaccine injection. Morbidity and mortality are much higher for a pregnant woman who contracts the flu. Death rates are about 20 times higher for pregnant women compared to nonpregnant women.

My baby keeps giving herself hickies which turn into huge bruises. Is there anyway to make her stop?

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
I have never seen...: ...Any baby manage to give herself a huge bruise by the hickey method. I'd have a doctor take a look; exaggerated bruising can be a sign of abnormal blood clotting, such as itp.

Does the seasonal flu shot cause pleurisy?

Dr. Luis Villaplana
NO IT SHOULD NOT : Cause pleurisy. It may cause low grade temps and body aches for a day or so.

Last updated Nov 5, 2020