what does it mean left frontal sinus is hypoplastic?

Dr. David Martin
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 28 years experience
Hypoplastic sinus: It just means that your sinus is small. It usually does not cause a problem.

What is a peroxide sinus wash, and when is it needed?

Dr. Steven Levine
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 40 years experience
Rinse: It is a rinsing of the sinus cavity with hydrogen peroxide. I would only do it under the recommendation and supervision of an otolaryngologist (ent).

What's available at a pharmacy to treat sinus issues without a prescription?

Dr. Michael Carson
Sprays, Sudafed: 1) nasal saline spray. A very gentle/effective treatment. Use 2-8 times a day and it does not cause long term problems. 2) afrin or neo-synephrine:very potent decongestant sprays for severe sinus pressure. Only used as directed. You must not use for more than 48 hours. 3)pseudoephedrine (sudafed). Use this pill as directed. Careful if you have palpitations/heart issues.
MS

What can I do for stopped up sinus's?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 37 years experience
Prob not sinuses: Nasal congestion is often confused with sinus congestion. If you are having trouble breathing through your nose you can try an otc decongestant antihistine combination with or without nasal saline. Stay away from decongestant nasal sprays as these are very addictive. If simple measures fail to give you relief you may have a viral or bacterial infection. At that point best to see your md.

The mucous from my sinus' are bloody in the morning, why is that?

Dr. Carlo Contreras
Many causes.: The most likely causes are simple irritation from dry air, dry mucous rubbing, or other mechanical irritation. If there is a large amount of bleeding, or if it happens every day for a week or more, see your doctor. Things to try in the meantime include humidified air, drinking plenty of water, and abstaining from inserting objects into the nostrils. Very rarely polyps can grow and bleed.
Lebanon, Missouri

Echo in nov 2010 was 65% new one 55%.I have pvcs and sinus tachy. What would cause the drop in ef? Should I be worried?

Dr. William Lizarraga
Probably no worries: If you have a significant cardiac history, then there may be a cause for concern, but these are both considered relatively normal ejection fractions and may be slightly different due to the differences in the way the echocardiogram was performed. Sometimes very frequent pvcs can affect ef, but they typically have to be quite pronounced (>25% of the underlying rhythm).

Last updated Sep 11, 2013