U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

My keloids won't go away? do i n eed my earlobes cut?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Paul Harper
General Surgery 53 years experience
No.: That may make things worse.
Dr. Barry Press
Plastic Surgery 45 years experience
A problem: Earlobe keloids can be difficult to treat. However, there are a number of approaches that can be successful. It is best to see a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon to be examined and find out your options. Good luck!

Related questions

A 37-year-old member asked:
What would happen if i re-pierce through a keloid on my ear?
1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
A 47-year-old member asked:
Could this bump on my ear be a keloid from my piercings?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 24-year-old female asked about a 28-year-old female:
What's a home remedies for a keloid on the ear?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
How to determine if I have a keloid on my ear piercing?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated May 24, 2012
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.