What to do if i have a small keloid on the back of my earlobe. how do i know when it will stop growing?

Dr. Mark Burke
Plastic Surgery 19 years experience
Injections first: If you have a true keloid scar the best first line treatment is steroid injection. If that fails to improve the keloid to your satisfaction the next option is excision which comes with very high recurrence rates (and can come back worse than the original) and a postop regimen of silicone, pressure, and in severe cases even radiation treatment. I would suggest removing the jewelry if treating it.

Last updated Dec 27, 2013