Australia

A man was bleeding i helped him i got 2 or 3 drops of his blood on hand but i can not notice any bleeding cut my hand hiv risk is high or what help me?

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Allergy and Immunology 18 years experience
No risk: No risk. You shouldn't worry. Worst case scenario is you did the right thing to help a person in need. You could always be tested if you had any fears or if you started to have symptoms. Your risk is miniscule.
Pathology 45 years experience
Easy does it: It sounds like you have developed an obsessive fear of having contracted hiv. The vast majority of people are hiv-negative; if the guy is grateful for your help, he might even agree to an office test to confirm he's negative. Hiv isn't going to get through your intact skin or a minor scabbed injury. Get with your physician for a pcr to settle you down & ask what you might do to manage emotions.

Last updated Oct 8, 2021