Doing acupuncture for the 1st time within the next 3 weeks to help my depression problem. is it a long term effective treatment for depression?

Dr. Anthony Vertino
Clinical Psychology 23 years experience
May help: Acupuncture can help. If you've exhausted other treatments, therapies, medications, and now deep brain stimulation, then acupuncture, by a skilled acupuncturist who has some knowledge of depression and mental health issues may help. Good luck. Feel free to respond and let me know how it goes.
Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 16 years experience
Not complete: Acupuncture may help with some of the symptoms of depression and can be a part of a comprehensive treatment plan. The good thing about it is that there are no side effects. As you feel better, if you find it helpful, you may opt to have booster treatments.

Last updated May 14, 2016