My tongue ulcer is getting larger, but my ent says i'm at a low risk of cancer (no smoking or drinking), and that it doesn't need to be biopsied. i worry anyway when it grows. should i?

5 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Carlos Encarnacion answered

Specializes in Medical Oncology

It's hard for me to argue without seeing the lesion and knowing how long it's been there (especially if already seen by an ent). My PC answer is: even non-smokers/drinkers can develop head and neck cancer and any non healing ulcer should be evaluated properly. Hopefully it's nothing and your ENT is right but it is not a sin to look for second opinion if in doubt. No disrespect intended.

Answered Nov 2, 2015

4.9k views