If you have cosmetic surgery and are not pleased with the results can you complain and have another operation?

4 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Thomas Fiala answered

Specializes in Plastic Surgery

Cosmetic surgery: Is a service, not a product. There is no "money back guarantee". If you complain about a result that is normal quality, just to try to get more free surgery, then i don't think you are being either fair or reasonable. However, if there really is a legitimate problem with the surgery, you should bring it to your surgeon's attention.

Answered 8/24/2013

4.9k views

No free lunch!: Cosmetic surgery is done by many excellent plastic surgeons, yet none of us can guarantee "perfection." many non-plastic surgeons with lesser training also do cosmetic operations. Results can vary with any doctor, and legitimate plastic surgeons have a specific re-do or touch-up surgery policies that should be discussed before any elective surgery. Talk to your surgeon but don't complain.

Answered 8/26/2013

4.9k views

Know ahead of time : It is very important to establish the realistic expectations of any procedure ahead of surgery. It takes a lot of thought and discussion, but is well worth the time. You also need to know the policies of your doctor in regards to doing revisions. Not everyone is going to be 100% happy, but that doesn't mean more surgery will change that feeling.

Answered 9/14/2013

4.9k views