What to do if i am unhappy with the results of my cosmetic surgery?

11 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Gary Tuma answered

Specializes in Facial Plastic Surgery

Unhappy: Speak to the surgeon who performed the surgery and if you are not happy with the response then you should see another surgeon. Make sure they are board certified plastic surgeons.

Answered 10/8/2013

5.3k views

Dr. Marc Cohen answered

Specializes in Ophthalmology

See your surgeon: Sorry to hear you are unhappy with your surgery. The first step is to return to your surgeon to discuss your concerns. Most cosmetic surgeons will do their best to make you happy. If that doesn't help, then get a second opinion. Ask friends for a recommendation or look for reviews online.

Answered 8/15/2016

5.3k views

Ask questions before: The best manner to be pleased with your cosmetic surgery is to ask questions of your surgeon and find the answers to your liking. Have a good understanding of what to expect and be realistic. If not pleased with the results then have an honest, open and non- confrontational talk with your surgeon. Often, the area is swollen or bruised and requires time to heal.

Answered 10/4/2016

5.3k views

Talk to your Dr.: If you're unhappy with the results, i definitely recommend discussing this with your surgeon. He or she will have the best knowledge of the procedure that was performed and your anatomy. You may be surprised how open and willing your surgeon is to discuss your outcome. Your surgeon may also welcome a second opinion.

Answered 5/20/2016

5.2k views

Communicate.: Despite best efforts, complications do occur after cosmetic surgical procedures. Also, despite best efforts patients may not be happy with the outcome of the procedure performed. In these cases, patients should communicate their questions and concerns in a calm and constructive fashion with their plastic surgeon. Hopefully, working together, patient and surgeon can find a way to improve results.

Answered 4/26/2013

5.2k views