I can't lose the last 20 pounds what are my cosmetic surgery options?

8 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

Cosmetic surgery: Is not for weight loss. That being said, if you have already lost around 100 pounds via diet and exercise or bariatric surgery, there is a lot of loose skin that needs plastic surgery. I have removed over 31 pounds of skin and fat from a gastric bypass patient during beltlift surgery. Most patients lose about 6-8 pounds with beltlift and less with tummy tuck. Lipo is for shape not weight loss!

Answered 7/19/2013

5.1k views

Weight loss: Cosmetic surgery is best used for improving shape and form when you are at a normal weight. Cosmetic surgery is not a weight loss plan. See a dietitian for help with weight loss and a plastic surgeon for cosmetic surgery.

Answered 7/19/2013

5.1k views

Diet/exercise Profes: If you have hit a plateau it may be best to seek the advice of a personal trainer and/or nutritionist or medically supervised weight loss program. Cosmetic surgery is not a weight loss program.

Answered 7/19/2013

5k views

Depends on Situation: You may benefit from “consultation” with personal trainers and/or nutritionists. On the other hand, if you feel like you have reached a long-term stable weight, it may be time to seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons. Sometimes procedures such as panniculectomy may be very helpful even though patients are not quite at their long-term stable weight. Best wishes.

Answered 3/17/2017

5k views