Ellijay, GA

I have severe pain in my lower back, hip, groin and upperthigh and it is worse on the right side. it feels very muscular now and it is hard to walk. it has been going on for many months. what should i do?

Dr. Jimmy Bowen
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 36 years experience
Hip pain: Back problems can give you thigh and hip pain and hip problems can give you back and leg problems. From you description i would be worried that this is coming from your hip joint. Best thing is a complete history and physical examination to help direct further eval such as x-rays. I would start with you primary care giver or see a sports trained physician, a physical med doctor or ortho surgeon.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Clifford Gevirtz
Anesthesiology 42 years experience
Need to be examined: Sounds like pain referred from lumbar discs(l3-l4). You need to be examined and possible mri.
Dr. Kornelis Poelstra
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 26 years experience
Hip pain: Making a diagnosis online is difficult, although thigh and hip pain around the side can come from a herniated disc in the upper lumbar spine. Please have yourself evaluated by a good orthopedic spine surgeon to clarify the reasons for ur pain. Weight loss and flexibility exercises might help you.
Last updated Sep 30, 2020