Cyprus

I am hiv +25 yrsold i am on truvada (emtricitabine and tenofovir) stocrin 1 year i am non dedected now and my cd4cd8 is total 2329 is it oky ? am i safe going to live longer life

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
HIV: The Miracle: The latest studies in men with HIV is that with good medical care the average length of life on treatment is to be expected to be 53.7 years. You are going to thrive and have a full life.
Dr. John Leander Po
Infectious Disease 18 years experience
Yes -but ...: Knowing your absolute cd 4 count would help. By taking your truvada (emtricitabine and tenofovir) and Efavirenz daily, having an undetectable viral load, practicing safe sex, and maintaining a healthy lifestyle which includes regularly scheduled visits to your HIV specialist, there is no reason why you should not live a longer life.

Last updated Jun 25, 2014