Pakistan

how much dosage of prednisone or prednisolone in case of low platelet count (itp), an adult person may take?

Dr. Stevan Cordas
ITP: It depends on how low the count is and how well the person responds. That is why we have health care professionals to work with us. It reduces the guess work.
Dr. Michael Engel
Pediatric Hematology and Oncology 20 years experience
Usually docs will...: Prescribe 2mg/kg Prednisone as a total daily dose, to a max of 60mg typically divided into 2 equal doses given every 12hrs. Duration at this dose is often 2weeks, followed by a tapering schedule of varying length depending on the provider and the response of the patient. The goal is to come off steroids, but this is not always possible. There's much "poetic license" in itp management.