Trenton, NJ

I just got a script for vistaril for anxiety does not work. xanax (alprazolam) works very well for me.should i just tell the doc that's what i want ?

Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Risks: Part of the reason that drs are reluctant to prescribe Xanax (alprazolam) & medications like it is they are highly addictive. Talk to your dr about your anxiety & that your current meds aren't helping. Counseling can often be very helpful; i also recommend www.Moodgym.Anu.Edu.Au to my patients.
Dr. Susan Mirow
49 years experience
Symptom side effect: It is best to give md side effects of current rx vistaril plus symptoms you wish to have decreased that are still present from the vistaril. In that way, both of you may choose the best medication for your needs. Xanax (alprazolam) is a controlled substance, and abusable, so a full description of symptoms and side effects is advisable. So the doc doesn't think you have a substance abuse problem.
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Alianswered
Vistaril (hydroxyzine): Let your doctor know vistaril (hydroxyzine) is not working, and s/he will discuss with u other options.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016