A 60-year-old male asked about a 60-year-old male:

I get an electric shock like feeling up and down my entireleft arm. it is mainly apparent in the hand and the left side ofmy face aches. what should i do?

Dr. David Brouwer
Nerve pain: The arm pain alone could be related to a pinched nerve in the neck, but the additional symptom of left facial pain is concerning that there may be more to the story. It would be best to see your physician for an examination, and you may require a scan of your brain and/or neck for further work-up.
Dr. Shariq Refai
Go to ER: This could be a sign of a heart attack, stroke, carpal tunnel syndrome, poor circulation, or even an entrapped nerve or side effects of medications. You will need to have a rule out of heart attack or something eminent so go to the er immediately.

Last updated Jun 20, 2014