8 days post-op simple wisdom tooth extraction, healing nicely, stitches came out today, how long do i continue warm salt water rinses?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Joseph Kim
25 years experience Dentistry
As long as it helps: But after 8 days of solid healing, i would say you're close to being done.
Answered on Sep 13, 2013
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Post op instructions: You should follow the post-op written and\or oral instructions given to you by the dentist who removed your tooth. If you were my patient i would tell you that you no longer need to continue with warm salt water rinses but you do need to keep the area clean with brushing, flossing (and rinsing with plain water) until the socket is completely closed.
Answered on Jun 13, 2017
Dr. Anibal Lopez
12 years experience Dentistry
Rinse for 2-3 days: Continues warm salt water rinses 3 times a day for 2-3 additional days after the stitches come out. This will allow the extraction site to stay without debry and it will speed up the healing process.
Answered on Feb 1, 2016
1