I get real sleepy but when i go to bed but i cannot go to sleep, when i finally get to sleep i wake up the next morning feeling tired. help me please.

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Insomnia: Try to identify any reason for insomnia, such as anxiety, acid reflux or something else. Avoid anything that works against you - smoking, caffeine, brain distractions - tv, loud music, large meals, etc. Dim all the lights in the room, take relaxing bath, turn off tv, smell lavender scent (oil) , take valerian root preparation. If doesn't work, talk to doc.

Answered 8/11/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Leonard Lado answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Tired after sleep: Residual excessive sleepiness res is a sign of sleep apnea. Res in apnoeic patients differs markedly from sleepiness in central hypersomnia. The association between res, periodic leg movements, apathy and depressive mood is very similar in animals with lesion of the brain that affect serotonin and Dopamine due to low oxygen. Vernet, c et al 2011.

Answered 6/18/2015

4.9k views