Canada

What causes pain under left armpit and upper ribs just below. the pain comes and goes. also radiates to my hand. i don't think its cardiac as i've had many tests on my heart.

Dr. Marsha Davis
Pinchehed nerve: Either in your neck or in what we call the brachial plexus. Of you have had a work up by your doctor, try a chiropractor . If that doesn't work go to a good neurologist . You might end up needing a nerve conduction study to suu where the problem is.
Dr. Marsha Davis
Provided original answer
Have you had a chest X-ray or spinal MRI?
Aug 11, 2013
Dr. Leonard Lado
Pain in chest & arm: The most common cause of acute pain in the nontraumatized shoulder is calcific tendonitis or bursitis readily identified by plain film radiography rogers et al 1988. This pain may radiate to the hand. Pin point chest pain is indicative of chosto chondritis. Both condtions can exist and confuse treatment and diagnosis.

Last updated Jul 26, 2014